Spring Cleaning Essentials for Your Apartment
I’m not the neatest person in the world, but as the saying goes, I (can) clean up well … But, I bet I don’t clean up near as well as Martha Stewart (I’ve never been in jail, either. Knock on wood).
We’ve decided to check in with the All-Things-Homey Queen for her spring cleaning tips. Yes, many of these you probably already do, but this is a good reminder. Plus, it’s good to get in the regular habit of performing these chores if you want a clean, healthy home.
Here are most of the tips Martha, or one her minions, gives:
- Clean those windows.
- Dust your light bulbs.
- Wash your blinds and curtains.
- Stock your “stain fighting kit.” Moreover, check out her Checklists & Charts: Stain Removal Basics PDF.
- Restock your cleaning supplies.
- Update those bed linens.
- Protect your wooden floors. The site suggests surface protectors for furniture legs. You can get these at a home store.
- Clean out the refrigerator.
- Replace the batteries in smoke detectors.
- Deep clean your rugs and carpet.
Or check out one of our previous posts for a local hardware store near you.