8 Free Apps Every Design Enthusiast Should Have
Whether you’ve just moved into a new apartment or need help redecorating your current space, we’ve rounded up the best, free decorating apps for your phone.
1. The Goods. HomeGoods has become the go-to store for affordable, high-quality décor and accessories for your home. The app makes it convenient for people to see what’s in their local store by featuring daily photos of new products on the sales floor. HomeGoods is probably one of my favorite places to shop for clients, and I’m hoping that one day they will launch an e-commerce site for online shopping. In the meantime, the app saves me a trip to the store, and I can share inspirational photos with clients. Available: Apple
[ Related: Decorating Tips for Roommates ]
2. Pinterest. Think of this app as a virtual scrapbooking tool for things that interest you — interior design, DIY, fitness, cooking, fashion, weddings and travel. You can create collages for decorating projects and organize your ideas by room, color, design trends and so on. When you find something you like, just pin it onto your board. For example, I created Pinterest Boards (Gray Livin’) for living room ideas, bedrooms, bathrooms, studio apartments and much more. It’s a great way for clients to share and exchange room inspiration ideas with me for their projects. Available: Apple, Android
3. Houzz Interior Design Ideas. A digital library for interior design ideas, Houzz makes it easy for you to browse photos by style, room and location. You can create ideabooks and get help with your design dilemmas by posting questions on the community discussion boards. Available: Apple, Android
[ Search: Find Apartments for Rent in McLean ]
4. iHandy Level Free. Hanging a picture? Align and hang your gallery wall photos and artwork using your phone. One simple tap will calibrate the device and provide accurate measurements. Available: Apple, Android
5. Chairish. A consignment marketplace that makes it easy to buy and sell used furniture and décor. On Chairish items are filtered by color, location, price and category. Browse the handpicked selection, make offers directly to sellers, upload photos of your items and write a quick description. No listing fees. Available: Apple
6. The Home Depot. Browse over 600,000 home improvement products from lighting and rugs to patio furniture. Get decorating tips, create shopping lists, compare products and locate stores near you. Available: Apple, Android
7. SnapShop Showroom. Visualize furniture in a room with this app. Hold up your phone, drag and drop furniture items from the app’s catalog of retailers, and then snap the photo to see what it really looks like in the room. Available: Apple
8. Apartment Decorating Ideas. Browse the gallery for tons of apartment design ideas based on colors and size. The app also helps you discover your design style: contemporary, modern, elegant or luxury. Available: Android
Find your next apartment in the area with Apartment Showcase.