How To Make The Most Of Your Small Closet
Small closets may not be a deal breaker when choosing an apartment, but come move in day, they can be a nightmare if you don’t have enough room to store your stuff. When you’re dealing with small closet space, you need to maximize the space you have, and be creative with storage solutions. An unorganized small closet can lead to a lot of clutter and stress. Here are some tips to make the most of your small closet:
1. Donate or toss anything you don’t wear or use!
2. Unused wall space can be transformed into storage. Utilize hooks and tension rods to create more hanging options.
4. Store suitcases under your bed, or hang them with a hook, on unused wall space.
5. The inside of your closet door is prime storage space. If you need more room for shoes, a hanging, overdoor shoe organizer will keep them tidy. You can also hang hooks or shelves to the back of the door.
6. Have any out of season clothing that you can store elsewhere (such as under your bed)? Do it! It’ll make things less cluttered and it gives you a chance to assess what you do and don’t wear each season.
7. Make use of floor space, and install a shoe rack or other cubbie organizer.
8. Invest in a step stool, and store things as vertically as possible. If you can install high shelving, even better.
9. Awkward corners don’t need to be lost space. Use tension rods or corner shelves for more storage.
10. Always leave yourself a little open storage space, for future purchases. And every time you purchase something new, donate or toss something you don’t use.