Climate Change for the Better
Since my last post some 30 days ago, we have gone from spring snowstorms to summer-like temperatures rising above 85 degrees.
I am not sure if the media will blame this on global warming or if they’ll coin a new term for this year’s strange weather. What I do know is that I am glad it is not SNOWING!
With the first day of summer a little more than a month away, our current temperatures are showing signs of a scorching season. Bring it on! All the more reason to plan the first trip to the beach!
Prospects Prefer Personal Touch, Accurate Pricing Online
As promised, I would like to share some insight from our recent focus groups that I believe will help everyone understand the average prospect and their thought process when looking for an apartment.
Here are some stats you may find helpful:
• 62% preferred to call over email for the initial contact with a property for immediate information
• 77% did not want to and did not make an appointment before visiting the community
• 59% expected an answer to their email the same business day
• 83% said they did not receive a personal email response with answers to their questions, only a “canned” message from the community, which they felt was worthless
• 93% said the most important information they sought was accurate pricing and availability, and also indicated that they become frustrated by the outdated information online
• 76% said the reasons they visit a community are to see a model home for furniture-placement questions and to evaluate the condition of the apartment
I promise to share more from our focus groups in future newsletters. We have focus groups periodically throughout the year. If you would like us to do a focus group with your residents, please post in the comments below.