New Apartment Complex Set to Dock at National Harbor
The Gazette has a great article today about a new, 350-unit apartment community planned for Prince George’s County’s emerging National Harbor neighborhood.
Scheduled for completion in 2013, the yet-to-be-named development will be the inaugural apartment community in National Harbor, a vibrant residential and retail space that covers 300 acres on the shores of the Potomac River near Oxon Hill. National Harbor’s first big development, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, opened in 2008.
Some highlights of what developers promise will be a “first-class” apartment community:
- 25,000 square feet of retail space included
- Will meet the requirements of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design program
- Amenities include a Zen garden!
- Right across the street from two new retail outlets that should be completed early next year – a CVS drugstore and the Potomac Gourmet Market
- Managed by the Bozzuto Group, which administers several of the area’s leading apartment communities, including View 14 in Northwest, EOS Twenty-One in Alexandria and Siena Park in Arlington
Look for construction to begin in the fall of 2011.
Don’t forget to to visit Apartment Showcase for more information.