Corks & Forks: National Harbor Hosts Culinary Festival This Weekend
I’m hardly well-to-do enough to give you anything other than a hard time, but I do like to clue you in on where to have some area fun.
On May 4 and 5, this sixth annual festival is “bringing together world-renowned chefs, artisanal craftsmen, and culinary pioneers with thousands of Metro DC’s foodies.”
[ Related: Daily Grill a Welcome Break From the Daily Grind ]
Some particulars …
- An all-you-can-taste affair featuring more than 150 wines, beers and spirits.
- A craft beer bier garten.
- The Whiskey & Bourbon Experience Lounge featuring hand-rolled cigar demonstrations.
- Covered seating under big tents.
View Larger Map National Harbor
137 National Plaza
National Harbor, Md. 20745
- Live jazz.
- The Tasting Theatre, featuring hands-on cooking demonstrations and wine pairings.
- Nationally recognized chefs on hand for meet-and-greets, book signings and demonstrations.
This thing has some rather varied ticket options, but as far as I can tell, it’s $30 to get in on either day, with the price climbing as more goodies are added. Here is what’s in store for people who snag VIP tickets. A portion of the proceeds will go to Spirit of Hope Childrens Foundation.
The fun starts at noon for those who purchase VIP tickets, and 1 p.m. for the rest of you. Both days finish at 6 p.m.
So if you rent an apartment in Prince George’s County and you’re into this kinda thing – and guys, this might be a good event to take your woman to, maybe to make up for some earlier boorish behavior – come out and eat, drink and be merry.
Find your next apartment in the area with Apartment Showcase.