Best Places to Shop and Eat in the City of Manassas
Manassas is a city in Northern Virginia with a darling Old Town as well as tons of history and fun things to do. Whether you’re a tourist, visitor, or resident of Manassas, you’ll love these places to shop and eat.
Manassas Mall: This mall is easily accessible off of I-66 at exit 47A, and is less 30 miles from Washington D.C. It is located in a historically rich area, near National Battlefield Park and other historic sights. Whether you need designer clothes or just a quick trip to Walmart, this mall has it all. For dinner you can go to the food court or to one of the stand alone restaurants like IHop. Plus, in some super exciting news, an Uptown Alley recently opened in the mall! Uptown Alley is a full-service restaurant and bar combined with a bowling alley. It is sure to be fun for the whole family.
Liberia Avenue Area: Liberia Avenue is another place to shop and eat in Manassas. The stores along this road include Staples, H Mart, and Home Depot- so nothing too exciting but definitely nice for residents to have nearby. The food, however, is definitely great in this area. My favorite is just off Liberia Avenue and it is called Tortilleria El Molino. This is an authentic Mexican restaurant that specializes in tacos. It’s nothing real fancy but the food is absolutely delicious.
Old Town Manassas: The real heart of Manassas is, of course, Old Town. Here is where most of the best local restaurants and shops are.
- Prospero’s Books: This unique used book store has many different kinds of books, but specializes in map and prints, military history, and antiquarian volumes. It has tons of rare books so you never know what you’ll find!
- Allyssa Bryn Accessories: Allyssa Bryn was voted in the Top Three Best Haute Boutiques in Northern Virginia! It has everything from fashionable clothing to shoes to jewelry to home decor. If you’re someone who appreciates high-fashion make sure to stop in.
- CJ Finz Raw Bar & Grille: This family owned surf and turf restaurant has a huge selection of quality seafood and a wonderful Sunday brunch.
- Carmello’s: This is one of the best restaurants in the city, as it features excellent Mediterranean cuisine. On the menu, there is a selection of fresh foods prepared from scratch with the use of ingredients of the highest quality. If you are looking for the largest selection of Portuguese wine, Carmello’s is the place to go. If you’re interested in lighter fare on a smaller budget, try their sister restaurant right next door: Monza.
- Malones of Manassas: Located in a former church in the heart of Old Town Manassas, Malones of Manassas has only been open for 3 years and has already won numerous awards. They are best known for their unique and extensive cocktails menu, and their brunch is famous as well. Another unique feature is Malones displays local artists’ work in their dining room. Eating here is the perfect way to experience history, art, and fine dining.
- Old Town Man Cave: Although not technically a shop or restaurant I had to include this because it’s such a neat place. This is an all male spa! Haircuts, shaves, spa treatments, and massages can all be done here, in an environment that is comfortable for guys.
- City Tavern: While their new location is positioned just outside Old Town, City Tavern is a casual, full service American restaurant where you and your friends of the entire family can eat lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch. It is a place that specializes in American cuisine like steak subs, prime rib, French onion soup, seafood, and salads. This quality yet affordable food can’t be beat.
If you live in the DMV consider making a day trip to Manassas- there will be plenty to do and good food to eat!
Find apartments in Northern VA, Metro MD, and Washington, D.C. with Apartment Showcase.