Walk Scores for 10 Arlington Neighborhoods
We did them for D.C., and now it’s time we did them for suburbia.
Today we’ll kick off the suburbs with a county that features nary a town or city, but one still brimming with people. Yes, Arlington, one of the more distinct counties you’ll find in the nation.
[ Related: Walk Scores for 10 D.C. Neighborhoods ]
So, what do they call their population centers then? Urban villages. You wanna rent an apartment here and don’t have a car? Let’s see if there’s a neighborhood in Arlington where you can make it without wheels. As it turns out, there are quite a few. (And I know this from experience.)
1. Ballston-Virginia Square Walk Score: 90
2. Clarendon-Courthouse Walk Score: 88
3. Lyon Village Walk Score: 86
4. Aurora Highlands Walk Score: 85
5. Colonial Village Walk Score: 85
6. North Rosslyn Walk Score: 83
7. Radnor/Ft. Myer Heights Walk Score: 82
8. Ashton Heights Walk Score: 77
9. Fairlington-Shirlington Walk Score: 76
10. North Highland* Walk Score: 73
*North Highland also goes by “North Highlands”; there doesn’t seem to be a consensus about the name, at least none I could find. Either way, it’s pretty walkable.
Find your next apartment in the area with Apartment Showcase.